** Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri ** Kindergarten-5th grade: 7:50am-2:50pm
** Wednesdays– Late Start ** Kindergarten-5th grade: 8:50am-2:50pm
Students may arrive as early as 7:45am and must arrive to walk into the school with their classes at 7:50am (8:45-8:50 on Wednesdays).
New Art, Music and PE Schedule
All K-5 students will receive equal instructional time in Art, Music and PE offered in a rotating daily schedule. The new model is called an ABC Rotation Model and will offer equitable instruction for all students in all content areas, with instructional time of 45 minutes per day.
It works like this: Each day will be labeled an A (red), B (blue) or C (green) day. If your student is in the class that attends the 45 minutes of Art on the A day, they will attend Music on the B day and PE on the C day throughout the school year. We will be publishing an ABC schedule so that you can keep track of which special your student is in on any given day.
Please click here for the BVSD ABC Schedule.
We consider this an improvement over the previous model for several reasons, 1.) Each student will receive the same amount of art instruction as they do PE and Music; 2.) Students will have a predictable and consistent time each day for their specials - with our current model, students who are assigned to their special on a Monday or Friday miss that valuable instruction when there is no school - with the new model, they will skip that day and continue with their rotation the first day back; and 3.) Increased job stability will be provided for our specialist teachers, with fewer teachers having to fill out their contracts by taking bits and pieces of positions that are available throughout the district. We hope to have more teachers spend more time in fewer buildings, supporting ongoing relationships with staff, students and families.
Registration Process-Current Students
All registration documentation is completed and submitted remotely. Please make sure to complete the following steps before the first day of school to ensure that your student’s information is up-to-date, supply donations are made and you complete a background check so you’re able to volunteer as soon as possible.
Please complete the following steps on an annual basis:
- Please complete and submit the following electronically:
- School Donations - Includes general classroom supplies (including tissue, copy paper ect.), daily planner (grades 4-5), project supplies, magazine subscriptions, presentations, and annual consumables like math tools.
- If you would like to volunteer during the school year, you can complete the online background check process. The BVSD Volunteer Application is required on an annual basis at a cost of $24.99 a year.
- If you would like to volunteer for a specific job (i.e clerical, crossing guard, etc) visit help at schools.
- To volunteer is classrooms please reach out to the specific teacher you are wanting to help.
- Online Background Screening:
- Raptor Background Screening
- Remains valid for 1 school year - Please complete after July 1st each year to be eligible for a full school year of volunteering (ex: July 1, 2022 for the 2022-23 school year)
- $24.99 fee to Raptor (card only)
- 1-2 week turnaround for clearance. You will be notified via email by BVSD or Raptor when your background has been cleared and you are able to volunteer.
*Please note - If you do not have a valid social security number please contact Vivian Campbell, HR Manager, at 720-561-5259 or at email@example.com.
New Student Enrollment and Registration Process
Complete the Student Enrollment Center's Online Registration process.
Complete and return the New Student Registration Packet (found below in the "Registration Forms & Inforamtion" section) to the SES office.
Complete the Walking Field Trip form.
If interested in volunteering in the classroom and/or on field trips, complete the background check process.
Visit the PTA website.
** Current BVSD Students: If your student is currently enrolled in BVSD and you have moved into the Superior Elementary neighborhood area, please contact the SES office at 720-561-4100.