** Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri ** Kindergarten-5th grade: 7:54am-2:30pm
** Thursdays – Early Release ** Kindergarten-5th grade: 7:54am-2:00pm
New Art, Music and PE Schedule
All K-5 students will receive equal instructional time in Art, Music and PE offered in a rotating daily schedule. The new model is called an ABC Rotation Model and will offer equitable instruction for all students in all content areas, with instructional time of 45 minutes per day.
It works like this: Each day will be labeled an A (red), B (blue) or C (green) day. If your student is in the class that attends the 45 minutes of Art on the A day, they will attend Music on the B day and PE on the C day throughout the school year. We will be publishing an ABC schedule so that you can keep track of which special your student is in on any given day.
Please click here for the BVSD ABC Schedule.
We consider this an improvement over the previous model for several reasons, 1.) Each student will receive the same amount of art instruction as they do PE and Music; 2.) Students will have a predictable and consistent time each day for their specials - with our current model, students who are assigned to their special on a Monday or Friday miss that valuable instruction when there is no school - with the new model, they will skip that day and continue with their rotation the first day back; and 3.) Increased job stability will be provided for our specialist teachers, with fewer teachers having to fill out their contracts by taking bits and pieces of positions that are available throughout the district. We hope to have more teachers spend more time in fewer buildings, supporting ongoing relationships with staff, students and families.
Registration Process-Current Students
All registration documentation is completed and submitted remotely. Please make sure to complete the following steps before the first day of school to ensure that your student’s information is up-to-date, forms to go on walking field trips are submitted, you’re able to volunteer as soon as possible, and teachers receive their supply donations in time to order supplies before the start of school.
Please complete the following steps on an annual basis:
- Please complete and submit the following electronically:
- Walking Field Trip Form - The Walking Field Trip form is used by teachers to take their classes off campus (around the Rock Creek neighborhood) for educational purposes. Teachers may take one or more walking field trip per school year. This form remains valid for one school year and must be completed annually.
- School Donations - Includes general classroom supplies, daily planner (grades 4-5), art supplies, field trip admissions*, magazine subscriptions, presentations, and annual consumables. *PTA pays for transportation costs associated with field trips.
- If you would like to volunteer during the school year, you can complete either the fingerprint or online background check process. The BVSD Volunteer Application is required on an annual basis for both processes.
- Online Background Screening:
- TClogiQ Background Screening
- Remains valid for 1 school year - Please complete after July 1st each year to be eligible for a full school year of volunteering (ex: July 1, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year)
- $17.00 fee to TClogiQ (card only)
- 1-2 week turnaround for clearance. You will be notified via email by TClogiQ when your background has been cleared.
If you prefer to complete the registration process in-person, or if you need additional assistance, please contact the SES Office at 720-561-4100.
New Student Enrollment and Registration Process
Complete the Student Enrollment Center's Online Registration process.
Complete and return the New Student Registration Packet (found below in the "Registration Forms & Inforamtion" section) to the SES office.
Complete the Walking Field Trip form.
If interested in volunteering in the classroom and/or on field trips, complete the background check process.
Visit the PTA website.
** Current BVSD Students: If your student is currently enrolled in BVSD and you have moved into the Superior Elementary neighborhood area, please contact the SES office at 720-561-4100.